Breaded Puffball Goujons & Wild Garlic Mayo Dip
These delicious breaded puffball goujons are a quick and easy way to prepare any species of wild edible Puffball. This is so super-easy and a great starter, or an alternative to turkey dinosaurs! You can easily make some homemade Wild Garlic Mayo using some frozen chopped ramsons from the freezer if you have any, too.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: None
- Any edible Puffballs - peeled and sliced.
- Breadcrumbs - a plateful
- One Free-Range Egg - lightly whisked
- Salt & Pepper
- One Lemon - sliced
- Garlic Mayonnaise - You can shop bought, or make your own Wild Garlic Mayo using this recipe.
- Place the breadcrumbs onto a plate, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly fry the Puffball slices until brown, then pop them into a bowl containing the lightly whisked egg.
- Give the Puffball slices a stir to get them fully coated in egg, then transfer them onto the plate of breadcrumbs, turning them a few times until they are completely covered.
- Transfer the coated Puffball slices back into the frying pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, turning them once so they are cooked evenly and golden brown on both sides.
- Place the fried Goujons on some Kitchen Roll to remove excess oil, then serve with the lemon slices and garlic mayonnaise.