Pickled Wild Garlic Buds
Sweet, crunchy, aromatic and tongue-tinglingly tangy, these super-simple pickled Wild Garlic buds are so moreish! Wonderful on crusty bread, tossed into a salad or Ragu, or simply scoffed on their own straight from the jar! No kissing anyone afterwards though!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
Quantity: Makes a 500ml Jar of Pickles
- As many stemless Wild Garlic buds as you can cram into your pickling jar!
- 200ml White Wine Vinegar
- 200ml Water
- 180g Sugar
- 1 tsp of Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Rock Salt
- Wash and drain the Garlic Buds.
- Make a pickling brine by adding the Vinegar, Water, Sugar and Salt to a pan and bringing to the boil, stirring continuously until the Sugar and Salt has dissolved.
- Remove from the boil, add the Peppercorns, and allow to cool.
- Fill a sterilised jar with the Garlic Buds and pour the pickling brine on top, until the jar is full. As the buds are very light, they will float to the top of the jar, so a pickling pebble or other makeshift weight is recommended to ensure they stay submerged in the brine.
- Seal the jar and leave in a cool place for at least 1-2 days before eating. The unopened pickles can be stored for up to six months. Once opened, keep in the fridge and eat within 7 days.