This Elderflower-infused sugar is wonderfully fragrant. Perfect for sprinkling over bilberry pancakes or fresh wild strawberries and cream. It can also be used for or making fragrant syrups, or used in baking.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: None
Quantity: Makes 500g of Infused Sugar
- One large head of Elderflower
- 500g of Granulated Sugar
- Brush away any bugs from the Elderflower head. Add it to a 500ml clip-top jar and fill the jar with the sugar.
- Leave the sugar to infuse for 3-5 days, gently shaking the jar daily.
- Remove the Elderflower head after a 4-5 days or when it starts to turn brown.
- The sugar will keep on a shelf for 3-6 months. Infused sugars have a tendency to clump together, so simply break it up with a spoon before use if this occurs.