Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
For the Crumble Topping:
- 120g plain flour
- 60g caster sugar
- 60g unsalted butter at room temperature, cut into pieces
- 40g porridge oats
For the fruit compote:
- 5 wild apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 120g wild blackberries
- 30g unsalted butter
- 30g demerara sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
Prepare the Crumb Topping:
- Add the plain flour, caster sugar and unsalted butter to a large bowl. Rub the mixture together using your fingertips to make a light crumb texture.
Prepare the the compote:
- Add the unsalted butter, demerara sugar and apples to a medium saucepan and cook for 5 mins. Add the blackberries and cinnamon, and cook for further 5 mins.
Build the Crumble & Cook:
- Decant the the compote into a large ovenproof dish and top with the crumb. Sprinkle the porridge oats over the top of the crumb and place in the oven for 25 minutes until the crumb is golden brown.
- Serve with cream, custard or ice cream.